Wednesday, April 14, 2010

LET'S GO! Maybe...

Ooof. Is it just me, or is there a slight problem with spring training? Here I find myself striving through the winter months, training in horrible conditions (both indoor and outdoor), spending my spring busting apart holding onto wheels of stronger riders (hi Roger), getting a few initial races under my belt, only to lull my training motivation just when things actually start to get interesting!!!

Here we are, races actually starting to appear, and I find myself eyeing that last 'adult beverage' in the fridge with the longing of Gollum and the Golden Precious. My barbecue is calling me from the deck so longingly that I'm begging my family to tie me to a makeshift mast in the vein of The Odyssey. Don't even get me started on the lure of gin and tonics as the weather gets warmer...

This is the time when one should be starting into speedwork. This is when I should be attempting to conquer that devil bitch known as a "hill" longer than one I can 'power' over. This is when, for God's sake, I should be thinking about LOSING weight. Carbon fiber can only take so much...

At least I now have teammates. The jersey order is in (I know, everyone was waiting on me to figure out if I needed the XL, or the "OMG XXL"), and the greatest revival since Creed getting back together (wait, they suck) is oficially underway. With RT's great efforts to not only kick some serious butt, but also personally take on what was considered 'exciting' behind the scenes action, to Cris's ability to show that retro cycling isn't retro, and Mark's power over the peloton, things are potentially going to get fun. Oh, and I might just get my butt out there for more training.

I promise, by the way, to start bringing the film.

By the way, don't tell the other guys I've been slacking...

P

1 comment:

  1. HA HA! (you still haven't sent me your final order)...slacker.

    gin and tonic, bottle of beer, bloody mary, margarita......

    ReplyDelete