Tuesday, October 12, 2010

In response to the "sigh..."


There is no doubt that this season has been one that no one could have anticipated. It started with a idea, or suggestion, that in most cases would not have amounted to anything. But with this group, it's different. When the gauntlet is put down, people don't avoid, the jump in. Love that. I cannot say that I could have even come close to painting what this season would have looked like. No doubt it was fun, we knew that, but what was accomplished was so much more. I think we may have been the catalyst for Alexi Grewal.

There is no doubt that we have a great platform and are ready to move forward. I am excited for some long spring rides up epic climbs on muddy, wet roads. Bring the wind, the flats (tires), the broken wheels, and the occasional dog chase. This year was too much fun to move away from, rather move towards.

I am looking forward to all the new stories, friends, and races we go to. Going to be epic.

As for time, there is always time, you just have to decide if you value training more than sleep. I have been at the pool at midnight, and I have been on the road running at 4:30 am. And the indoor trainer, anytime. I have headlamps for late night rides on the trail or the road. Heavy jackets and hand/toe warmers for cold days, and a washing machine for dirty ones. So if it is important, you can make it happen. We all have to make that decision for ourselves. For every reason a person has for how they can't, I have twice as many for how they can.

Ride on fellas!
R

2 comments:

  1. Not only do I agree, but it's tough being taught a lesson by a skinny punk with a HUGE pastry!

    Well put, RT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said indeed. Set a goal, make a plan, and work it. All the rest is blah, blah, blah... I elect plan A. Look out Flatlands 2011!

    ReplyDelete